The brand San Cristóbal de la Habana was introduced in 1999 and was named after the original name of the city of Havana (1515). In addition to this, the brand placed on the market for the first time with a range of four vitolas, whose names correspond to the fortresses built between the 16th and 18th centuries by the Spaniards to defend the city from possible aggressions: El Morro, La Fuerza, La Punta and El Príncipe. In 2004, the brand’s chart size was expanded with Mercaderes, Oficios and Murallas, which are the names of well-known streets in the historic center of the city, Old Havana. All the vitolas are made Totalmente a Mano con Tripa Larga”- Totally handmade with Long Filler with tripa leaves and capote from the Vuelta Abajo Area. They are characterized by a mild to medium-flavored blend.